Switch versus if/then/else ( was: Main menu puzzle, Klaus)

Jerry Muelver jerry at hytext.com
Mon Feb 20 09:04:49 EST 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Rev is a software development tool. The only software worth developing
> is the stuff that doesn't exist yet.  If what you need already exists
> it's almost always cheaper to just buy it than make it yourself.
That's a perfect encapsulation of what drives me to programming. In
fact, my next project is an apt illustration of the axiom. I'm writing a
system status monitor that will put up a message telling you when the
system is shut down, so you won't accidentally do any computing with the
computer turned off. I'm having some problems with displaying the
message at the moment, but I expect that I'll solve the issue with the
new capabilities of Rev 2.7 when it becomes available on Linux.

---- Jerry Muelver