Studio License Renewal Cost

dreamscapesoftware.com - List list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Aug 4 11:39:34 EDT 2006

Garrett Hylltun wrote:
> I've already expressed my dislike of the pricing structure.  But expressing it here on the mailing list does nothing but cause unwanted and unneeded dissension among everyone on the list and in the end, won't change Runtime's pricing structure anyway.

Where else would be a good place to discuss this issue then?   The list is a public forum for the discussion of Revolution, so it seems like a good place to me, whether or not it may upset some people out there.

> The pricing structure was I'm sure intended to create a constant financial source from businesses which are typically used to paying through the nose for software and repeated high priced updates and upgrades.  It wasn't really setup with the home or hobby developer in mind.

You're right, and it's cutting a huge part of the market out.  Meanwhile REALbasic and other less expensive programs are raking in the "home" or "hobby" developers who don't want to drop down the money on Revolution.

> Basically, if you don't like the price structure for Rev, ya might want to consider an less expensive alternative which might fulfill your needs and expectations.

I love working with Revolution... I just want to see the license cost be a little more competitive, especially for what one actually receives through updates.  $199 for 3 or 4 new features, and 3 or 4 old bugs that still haven't been fixed yet, is just not worth it.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
www.dreamscapesoftware.com