Character Encoding

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sat Apr 29 12:51:37 EDT 2006

Mark, thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it. I'm trying to
avoid having to make users of id3lib use 'set the unicodeText of fld
"Title" to id3libgetTitle()" rather than just 'put id3libGetTitle()
into fld "title"'
.
In the case of m4a tags, since it seems like they're simply UTF8, it
seems like it should be ok to simply uniencode and unidecode to
whatever the default encoding is on a users system... ID3 tags, on
the other hand, have the possibility of using UTF16, which may well
have to be dealt with differently.

Currently, id3lib is only decoding m4a tags, while it's simply
returning whatever chars it finds in ID3 tags. Maybe I should make
these things settable by the user of the lib.

Best,

Mark