Sound formats

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 25 18:03:48 EDT 2005

MisterX wrote:
> Jacke, you said you had 100's... I know you guys want to protect
> your media BUT there's many many many games out there with music, effects,
> voices and being able to "customize" or humanize it (my prefered way of
> seeing modding) is something that many see as a "feature" - others can see
> it as a marketing way... If moft gets caught with it, you win the lotery ;)
>
> I know this is a different market, but you want to look mainstream, maybe
> acting like it would be on par with your user license agreement...

The protected videos and the sound files are for two different projects.
The video I need to protect is for a commercial application. The sound
files are for a different client, and I won't be protecting those. They
will be sitting in folders on disk, available to anyone. Not that most
people will want them, they are very specialized, and will be
distributed to only a very small group of people.

I appreciate all the responses, there has been some great info in there.
I haven't had time to respond to everyone, but I've been reading it all.
I had no idea there were so many audio pros on this list.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com