problem about insert

Supote Songthammawat supote.songthammawat at netgalileo.com
Thu Oct 13 00:29:59 EDT 2005

Dear Sir,

       I have  some problem about insert data by sql into database. Why
I can't not to insert into database? When I press button save  it will
occur :

1 (Create PersonSysID) : u just add [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive
Server Enterprise] The name "khunnawut" is illegal in this context. Only
constant, constant expressions, or variables allowed here. Column names
are illegal. record into DB

My script below of save button below:

put revDataFromQuery (,return, tID, "SELECT MAX(personSysID) FROM
PERSON_TABLE") into tNewEnPersonSysIds

 answer tNewEnPersonSysIds

 if tNewEnPersonSysIds is empty then
   put 1 into tNewEnPersonSysIds
 else
   put tNewEnPersonSysIds + 1 into tNewEnPersonSysIds
 end if

 answer tNewEnPersonSysIds

 put tNewEnPersonSysIds into tNewPersonSysIds
 put fld "FirstName" into tFirstName
 put fld "LastName" into tLastName
 put fld "MiddleName" into tMiddleName
 put text of fld "DateofBirth" into tDateofBirth
 put 1 into tPersonTitleCode
 put the hilitedButtonName of group "Identification" into tGenderCode
 put 1 into tDeceasedIndicator
 put 1 into tOrganDonorIndicator
 put 1 into tMultipleBirthIndicator

 put tNewPersonSysIds, tFirstName, tLastName, tMiddleName, tDateofBirth,
tPersonTitleCode, \
     tGenderCode, tDeceasedIndicator, tOrganDonorIndicator,
tMultipleBirthIndicator into tPersonEntTbl

 put "INSERT INTO PERSON_TABLE(personSysID, firstName, lastName, " \
     &&  "middleName, dateOfBirth, personTitleCode, genderCode,
deceasedIndicator, " \
     && "organDonorIndicator, multipleBirthIndicator) VALUES
("&tPersonEntTbl&")" into tSql

 revExecuteSQL tID, tSql

 answer "1 (Create PersonSysID) : u just add "&the result&" record into DB"

I think I must convert to unidecode before insert , correct?
Please suggest me to solve this problem. Thank you very much.
Urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,
Supote