imagesource property in Win32 standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 4 22:26:51 EDT 2005

Jon Seymour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am setting the imagesource of char 1 of line xxx in order to  display
> a small (16x16) icon in front of each line of text in a list  field. If
> you've ever seen iTunes and its "Source" box you know the  effect I am
> shooting for. Well, it works brilliantly on my OS X  version, but to my
> horror the images do not appear when I migrate to  Windows. I've tried
> everything I can think of related to the line  height; furthermore, the
> 32x32 icons from the same image library  appear nicely in the
> appropriate buttons on the Windows side (giving  me the impression the
> library is available to the Windows app).
>
> Can anyone shed some light?

I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. The only thing I can think of is
that maybe you are using a high ASCII character as an imagesource
placeholder. When those characters are transfered to Windows, the engine
replaces the character set to the equivalent Windows mappings. I don't
know how the engine tracks these things, but it may be that if the
character is different, imagesource will no longer be recognized. Try
using a space as the imagesource character and see if that works.

I could be way off base, it is just the only thing I can think of.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com