Spelling out the license - protesting too much

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 09:22:02 EST 2005

on Tue, 22 Nov 2005
Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> So those of us interested in producing FREE software
> should get on and produce it; and include a nice
little
> READ ME document that says something rather like:
> "This is FREE, do with it what you like"
> and those of us who are interested in producing
> software for which they want money should get
> on and produce it; and include blatant signals
> that it is UNFREE.

Richmond, if i'm interpreting you correctly,
actually you want to distribute to bulgarian teachers
a development environment, so they will be able to
edit
and customize your stacks with their own lessons.

IT IS completely possible for you, to create your own
custom
interface with tools, palettes and options.
Notice that many developers had created their own
palettes and plug ins to use in
RunRev/MetaCard/DreamCard:
alain farmer, richard gaskin, chipp walters, klaus
major,
scott rossi and many more...(maybe including me)

But this custom interface for editing your
stacks will take you many months to build, test and
get it bug free...

Do you have the time and resources to build such
interface?

The only limitation for your users is that they will
not
be able to create scripts longer than 10 lines of
code.
But they could insert images, text and graphics.
Save them in a stack and distribute their work for
free...

Actually, i do recommend you to disable completely
the option to put scripts in your free stacks, by
password protecting them.

I do recommend too that you create a custom player
for your stacks, that only plays the stacks produced
by you or your teachers and not any other stacks.

If you real goal is to teach them to program in
RunRev, then Novell and RunRev have already fit
the bill, giving away to Suze Destop users a
full version of Revolution...

Tell me if i'm not interpreting you correctly... ;-)

Have a nice day!

alejandro

Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/