Living together BUT not married: RR/MC and Linux

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Nov 22 07:47:34 EST 2005

On 21 Nov 2005, at 22:03, Mathewson wrote:

> I believe that it would, ultimately, be in RR's interest to
> release a FREE (as in totally free) version of RR for Linux
> - possibly modified from current Linux RR versions so that
> it cannot be used to manufacture standalones for commercial
> platforms.

The right sort of license would allow the open source code only to
run on open source platforms with a dual licence for closed platforms
allowing charging. This would enable open source developers to
contribute improvements which RunRev could bundle and sell on Windows
and OSX.

Mind you I know of no such license (yet).