Problems with 2.6.1 on Linux - command line error

Garrett R. Hylltun garretthylltun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 00:29:07 EST 2005

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 04:46:03 +0000
biodan at comcast.net wrote:

> I'm having problems running Revolution from the command
[snip]
>  > Could not open libgdk-x11-2.0.so: libgobject-2.0.so: cannot open shared
>  > object file: No such file or directory
> > hello world

This may not be a RunRev issue.  Try running some other command line programs or some bash stuff.  See if you get the same error message with them.

I've had this happen before also, but not with just RunRev, but anything I ran on the command line.  It happens when things are installed, uninstalled or failed installation and not all the references to the files have been removed.

Right now, when I run your command line example, I get about 200 lines of error message because the Metacity theme engine says it can't find the pixmaps of the theme I'm using, even though there's no problem.

If you recently installed, uninstalled something, or had a failed installation of something, you might want to check into that and see if you can get the error messages to stop.

-Garrett