Chris Crawford [was: Why It's Hard to Explain Rev]

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 4 22:15:54 EST 2005

Judy Perry wrote:
> I told him that if he'd ever used Hypercard and didn't hate the HC type of
> programming environment, he should check out Rev.  He replied that he was
> a real HC fan and echoed the sentiment many of us had regarding Apple
> letting it die.

But Apple didn't let it die.  Remember what Steve Jobs told us all? ;)

> And I just LOVE his programming books/writings!

I wonder if he'd be willing to open the source for Trust and Betrayal to
see if one of the energetic souls here would be willing to port it to Rev.

I just downloaded it from his site:
<http://www.erasmatazz.com/free.html>

Runs great in Classic, but oh such a tiny screen (written for the ol'
512x342 screens).

Judging from a quick look at his Erazmatron at
<http://www.erasmatazz.com/Erasmatron4/Erasmatron4.html> it seems the
new program builds on some of the corre ideas in Trust and Betrayal.
Maybe letting someone port Trust and Betrayal would help move Erazmatron
forward at the same time....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal