[Slightly OT?] Why It's Hard to Explain Rev

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Nov 4 22:17:54 EST 2005

Richard-

> You know the great Chris Crawford?!  He's a god. Loved Siboot -- nothing
> like it at the time.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in years. I did a quick search:
Siboot II is available here:

http://www.erasmatazz.com/free.html

Apparently Siboot only sold some 5000 copies back in the day.

...and the Erasmatron is now at version 4 and

"Erasmatron 4 is being rebuilt from the ground up in Java in order to
enable full cross-platform compatibility."

http://www.erasmatazz.com/Erasmatron4/Erasmatron4.html

It's not too late to discover what true cross-platform compatibility
is like... looking at the Deikto dictionary, this seems like something
that's *very* easy to do in rev, and I wouldn't even attempt this in
java. The one nice thing about doing it in java, though, is that you
have real subclasses instead of having to fake them in xtalk.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net