checking removable drives

Garrett R. Hylltun garretthylltun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 17:32:59 EST 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:24:43 -0200
Andre Garzia <soapdog at mac.com> wrote:

> does anyone know if autorun.inf will work on usb drives?

It will not work with all removable devices.  When I did my work related to this, my very own iPod Mini would not work with the autorun.inf, even though I had windows set to check and run autorun.inf files from all devices possible.

But to my dismay, a beta tester had no problem using the autorun.inf from a usb memory stick.  And from resulting discussions with other developers, I found that it was a hit and miss deal, basically depending on hardware issues and os related issues.

So I would say that the autorun.inf would not be reliable in this setting.

-Garrett