checking removable drives

Garrett R. Hylltun garretthylltun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 17:59:55 EST 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:27:29 -0800
Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2005, at 2:15 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> > We could, but it obviates the biggest benefit of the file-type
> > association:  being able to launch the app by double-clicking a
> > document.
>
> True, you would only get double-click, icon associations, etc. while
> the app was running.

You could however, install a temporary executable into the windows temp folder, associate your file extension to that temp executable and have the temp executable start and pass the info to the main executable on the removable drive.

When your main executable is closing, have it send a message to the temp exe to return the file assocation to it's original state and then close itself, then have the main executable delete the temp executable.

-Garrett