here is the CLOCKFACE script...coded in 3 MINUTES...17 LINES of CODE

Geoff Canyon geoff at runrev.com
Mon May 30 14:21:47 EDT 2005

On May 30, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Dennis Brown wrote:

> Nice!  I learn something every minute on this list --four heads are
> better than one.  I do believe that the clock is down to its
> essence now.  Every line does something essential, except
> displaying the "Time" field to check its accuracy.  I put the
> latest version in my user space also (see3d).

re: down to its essence -- obviously for this demo it doesn't matter,
but in practice, I would want to put in code to only change the
minute and hour hands when they actually need it, rather than setting
them to the same startAngle (except when they actually move) each
second. I haven't timed this to see whether it's actually a concern.

And multiple heads are definitely better than one. That's why I plan
to grow additional heads as soon as possible. ;-)