get URL

Brad Borch brad at activadesign.com
Mon May 30 20:09:14 EDT 2005

>>/ Thanks for the help with the get URL. I'm VERY impressed with the
>/>/ support/community built around RR. As a longtime user of Director, it's so
>/>/ refreshing to get quick and helpful advice--and to be able to implement a
>/>/ function with a couple simple, intuitive commands.
>/>/
>/
>do you mean there's no such mailing list for Director developpers ?
>
>JB (who dropped Director around version 4.0)

Yes, there are mailing lists; I just haven't found them to be nearly as
responsive as this list, certainly not as much a "community," and they
tend to be a bit... snobbish?

>>/ Personally I'd use a mail app that threads lists and I'm changing from
>/>/ eudora to gemini for that reason
>/
> [snipped]
>
>Mozilla's Thunderbird also does threads and filters as well as multiple
>email accounts, and is available (free) for Mac, Linux and Windows.

Ok, I use Mozilla's mail/news client. I guess what I need are the server
settings to access the newsgroup. Or are you saying that you get the
mail as singles (rather than as a digest), and filter them into a
folder, where you view them as threads?

Brad