textFont wierdness

Brad Borch brad at activadesign.com
Mon May 23 12:32:33 EDT 2005

I've got a couple of strange textFont problems, not sure if they're related.

1) Every time I open RR, the labels and fields in the property inspector
(revPropertyPalette 1 stack) are in a non-English typeface. I have to
type in 'set the textFont of stack "revPropertyPalette 1" to "Lucida
Grande"' and execute from the message box every time I start up. I've
reinstalled RR from the .dmg file several times.

2) I have a button that sets the fontText of a field:

on menuPick theFont
  set the textFont of fld "Word_Greek" to theFont
  put theFont && the textFont of fld "Word_Greek"
end menuPick

according to the message, the textFont has been updated, but the field
remains unchanged.

Also, I have a handler in the stack script with this code:

  if this card is the first card then

I know this is pretty basic stuff--I think I'm so used to the
convolutions of languages like PERL that I'm missing the obvious.
Hopefully I'll be up to speed pretty shortly... thanks for your patience
with a new "convert."

Brad