Flash in QuickTime 7?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon May 9 11:33:21 EDT 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 4:50 AM, Terry Vogelaar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to open a .SWF file in the QuickTime 7 Player, but it
> doesn't seem to work anymore. I guess Apple dropped that
> functionality.
>
> That probably also means that Runtime Revolution cannot play Flash
> movies anymore, because it relied on QuickTime to handle this...
> This might be important for some.

Flash 5 is still supported.  There have not been any major
improvements in the support of Flash for version 7.  Hardly anything
received much notice in the playback arena besides audio and video
since QT 7 was such a major rewrite.  Hopefully in the following
updates we will see some improvements.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia