Cursor issues in Tiger

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Thu May 5 11:47:37 EDT 2005

OS X users,
 Is anyone else having this problem:
  After installing Tiger (17" Al PB, 1 gig) the pointer seems to
"stick". It doesn't change mode when moving to different parts of the
screen. If a handler sets the cursor to busy, the cursor doesn't change
back to the arrow when the handler is finished.
  I've always had some problems with the pointer not changing to the bar
in text fields, or remaining a text bar when clicking a button - but
Tiger seems to have amplified the problem.
  Running these same stacks in Panther was never perfect - but
definitely better (of course that was a 15" Ti PB, and maybe that is
also a factor).
  Meanwhile, these stacks were originally created in HyperCard - and
they still run fine in HC - in Panther or Tiger.
  If I am the only one with the problem, I'll investigate further; if it
is a common problem I'll bugzilla it. Let me know.
  Paul Looney