how do you pulldown a menu?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed Mar 23 11:02:20 EST 2005

Howard!

Good call the wait + the 2nd click did it! This is absolutely logical
somehow too ;))

To make it work "almost" correctly, I had to add an offset to the button's
loc or the button below gets the click! Another logical thing...

   lock messages
    get the loc of btn "actionmenu"
    add 3 to item 1 of it
    add 3 to item 2 of it
     click at the loc of btn "actionmenu"
   wait 30
    click at the loc of btn "actionmenu"
    unlock messages

but the menu drops and disappears again (unlike the human click...)

I had to add the lock messages since it's a group of buttons that detects
the click and sends it again later (to itself since the click goes to the
bottom menu if you dont add the click offset!)...

But this is for a popup menu (of which the pulldown flavor only is
satisfactory) and which will probably not work in Macs for a number of
illogical system reasons ;)).

Given the logic of it all, im dumping it in favor of less headaches when the
code breaks in 2 versions - forget about making user friendly and intuitive
controls that prepare the work for the user ;(

The only way possible at this stack is to simulate it with a field... A
field which can't overlap stack boundaries like the menu can... ouch ouch
ouch...

Thanks very much, let's forget I asked!

See my next announcement

Cheers