Analyzing competitors - In this case Real Software

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Tue Mar 22 21:50:04 EST 2005

Back in the 80's and 90's, when I was a strong advocate of OOP in
general and Smalltalk in particular, I continually ran into the
obstacle I came to think of as the IASFBSIDHTTT syndrome: I Am So Far
Behind Schedule I Don't Have Time To Think. Whether dealing with
in-house or out-house (never did like that "in-house" thing!)
developers, the problem was the same: even if you could prove
absolutely that this new language was more powerful and effective than
my current tool set, I don't have time to evaluate it, learn it, and
rebuild all my libraries and tools in it.

dan