Pasting images in DreamCard

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 12:03:15 EST 2005

Hi Chipp and Svein:

This following sequence of scripts works for me, too:

First, copy (in windows explorer) the image file.

You could click with the right button of the mouse
over the image file and select "Copy" from the
contextual menu.

The clipboarddata now has the path to the image:
"C://My Documents/MyImage.gif"

The function the clipboard in RR reports the
clipboard as empty, but the function the
clipboarddata returns the path of the image.

Put this script in a button:

on mouseup
put "binfile:" & the clipboarddata into zxcv
set the imageNew of this stack to url zxcv
create image
set the text of last image to the imageNew of this
stack
set the imageNew of this stack to empty
end mouseup

An advantage of this script, over pasting an image
directly from the clipboard, is that images
like jpg, gif and png, stay compressed, occuping
less space in the stack.

Chipp Walters wrote:

>You should be able to issue the command 'paste'
>so do something like this:

>if the clipboardData["image"] is not empty then
>paste
>end if

>This works for me on WinXP if I press the altKey +
>PrtSc to capture the
>top window to the clipboard. Then I can go to any
>card and select "paste
>image" from the File menu.

Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/