Using sockets

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Mar 15 06:27:45 EST 2005

Kevin, note that I create a new variable 'nVar' in the loop, so you
shouldn't be doubling anything up.
My repeat loop obviously assumes that the extra char is at the
beginning of every line, not just some of them.

An alternative would be to use the replace function, as others have
noted, but if you don't know what the square is, then you'd have to
find out, which you could do by pasting one of them from your field
into this line in the message box:

put charToNum("paste the char here") - remember to put the character in
quotes
This will give you a number which you can then use:

replace numToChar(the number you got) with empty in tVar

Cheers,

Mark