Rev won't start in Mac OS 10.3.9

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Fri Jun 24 08:52:46 EDT 2005

The only necessary extensions (and run no others as sometimes one extension
looks for another -- also check start-up items folder and keep that empty as
well as control panels except chooser).

Apple Enet
Carbon Lib
Classic Rave
File Sharing Library
InputSprocket Classic
LaserWriter 8
Network Setup Extension
Open Tronsport ALSM Modules
OpenGLEngine
OpenGLLibrary
OpenGLMemory
OpenGlRenderer
OpenGLRenderereTA
OpenGLUtility
Folder Printer Descriptions
Folder printer plug-ins
Printing Lib
Print Monitor
PrintToPDF (3rd party)
PrintToPDF Link Maker (3rd party)
Shared Library Manager
Shared Library Manager PPC

If you don't print or use Appletalk then you won't need any of these
extensions. Also do not use Tiger as it breaks too many things in classic.
Even Tiger 10.4.1 which I also tested. If you already installed Tiger it is
impossible to "uninstall" unless you have a backup you can use "Carbon Copy
Cloner" to re-install from. The real solution is to re-write all your
Classic stuff in RunRev and not bother with Classic as I'm sure each new OSX
update will subtly break something else. Also keep a back-up copy of the
above extensions as OSX will corrupt them and then you will need to copy
over the back-up (this happens to me constantly).

On 6/24/05 8:23 AM, "Jim Carwardine" <JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com>
wrote:

> Hi Bill... I tried running with extensions off, except the ones you
> mentioned and I got the message that Revolution couldn't start because the
> OTUtilityLib could not be found.  At least Rev just didn't quit without a
> trace.  I did a search on my system folder and couldn't find it anywhere
> either.  I thought It might have been relegated to the inactive extensions
> folder or something.  I'm now getting that message whenever I run any OS 9
> app so I may have a bigger problem now... Jim
>
>   on 6/17/05 8:15 AM, Bill wrote:
>
>> Have you tried it with all extensions off yet? I run classic with only the
>> network and printing extensions and have no problem with color picker not
>> being there.
>>

>> On 6/16/05 8:50 PM, "Jim Carwardine" <JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jacque... Looks like the color picker is in the right place.  I got this
>>> report from the extensions manager for missing extensions...
>>>
>>> Name    Size    Version    Type    Creator
>>>
>>> Extensions
>>> Classic RAVE    -    -    shlb    rvgl
>>>

>>> System Folder
>>> Classic Support UI    -    -    bbox    csui
>>>

>>> Startup Items
>>>
>>> Anything look familiar there?  Jim

>>           |    |    |
>>          )_)  )_)  )_)