New To Rev - Cards And Files?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jun 21 10:11:21 EDT 2005

Hello Scott,

First, welcome to this list :-)
You will find it very reactive and resourceful.

Yes, the basics with a database stack is to create a card for each
record and as many fields as needed for columns.
You can use the custom properties too to store records: in fact there
are many possible ways (architectures).
This works well until some thousands of records.
To go further, Rev supports many database engines as SQL, Valentina,
OBDC and much more.

This topic has been discussed a lot of times: a look at the mailing
list archive could get you started:
http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:lists.runrev.com

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 17 juin 05 à 13:39, Scott Kane a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Rev and so far I'm enjoying the
> exploration.  I'm curious though as to how
> powerful the card files are.  I know you
> can use MySQL etc but is it possible to
> use the card files like an ISAM?  I'm sure
> I'm not making myself clear (<g>) - but
> take pity on me - I'm coming from ten
> years in Borland Delphi and I'm spoiled
> by easy database access.  The server style
> databases' are really more than I need
> and would be rather hard for my users
> to tackle.
>
> Any thoughts well received!  :-)