idea: Contest and promoting Rev to the world

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Jun 20 20:05:10 EDT 2005

> Dan Shafer made the statement in his keynote that one of the cool
> things
> about Hypercard was that it came with example stacks that let you
> see what
> it could do and look under the hood.  If Rev is going to make real
> money and
> thrive, it has to appeal to customers outside the professional
> developers.
>
> With that in mind, could one of the 'contest' areas be making the
> original
> collection of stacks from Apple into Rev stacks that might include
> a section
> on 'how they did that'?  Of course, beyond that, many of the
> powerful things
> you could do with Rev today.

HyperCard came with 2 really useful stacks: Readymade Fields &
ReadyMade Buttons.
These gave working examples of neat things that could be copied &
pasted into your own stacks so get you doing stuff early in the
learning process.

I would like to see a Revolution Home stack which like RevOnline,
could open optionally on startup. It would contain buttons linking to
the docs, tutorials, revonline, web sites and also contain a
selection of simple objects ready to use.

Cheers,
Sarah