Saving data in Revolution standalones

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Jun 20 20:08:52 EDT 2005

On 20 Jun 2005, at 6:14 PM, Joseba Aguayo wrote:

> I select the checkbox "Move substacks into individual stackfiles"
> and the program in windows don´t save the datas.
> Must I select anything?

Hi Joseba,

It sounds like the standalone builds correctly. When you look at the
folder containing the standalone application, can you see your
substacks as separate files?

However they will not save automatically, you need to script a save
for each substack whose data needs to be recorded.

The simplest way is probably to have an "on closeStack" handler with
a single command: "save this stack", but you may want to save more
often than that in case of crashes, so you could set up a save that
happened every few minutes, or one triggered by the user doing
something with the data.

HTH,
Sarah