different UI approach

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Mon Jul 11 12:57:59 EDT 2005

I think a 100% "no click" interface has no interest,
although there are some actions that don't need a
click...
In the intranet project I mentioned yesterday (in
which I planed to implement such an UI approach),
users could browse (very quickly) through various
topics indexes just by moving the mouse over screen
areas; but when they decided to go to 1 specific web
page, then they had to click.

Someone mentioned the slowness of the Flash
example; indeed speed of display of content is
a necessity in reaction to mousemoves., because
mouse moves are fast by nature (faster than pointing
& clicking). Furthermore, some elegant graphic
movements can be associated to a  mouse move (the
icon dock on OSX fo instance), which IMHO look
less "natural" when a click is required...

JB