Intersecting data question/challenge

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Fri Jul 8 14:50:40 EDT 2005

Eric,

Yes, I looked at the intersect command, but it performs the action on
the keys not the data from a list.  I would have to create an array
element for each integer in the list with the integer as the key.
Sounded like two loops that would run even slower than my example:

repeat for each item theItem in list1
   put empty into myArray1[theItem]
end repeat
repeat for each item theItem in list2
   put empty into myArray2[theItem]
end repeat
intersect myArray1 with myArray2
if the keys of myArray1 is empty then get false else get true

In actual practice, the above example runs 3 times slower than the
below example for the sample data shown.

However, knowing that Rev had such a command for the keys, I thought
perhaps someone knew of a more clever way to use it, or maybe there
was another way to intersect data.

Dennis