Question regarding the clipboard

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Jan 26 17:03:45 EST 2005

On 27 Jan 2005, at 12:57 am, Lynch, Jonathan wrote:

> Hello...
>
> I have a problem that occurs about one in ten times. I have a long
> string, like around 60 - 70 thousand characters. It is necessary to
> remove all of the linefeeds from this string. After I remove the
> linefeeds, I put the string into the clipboard.
>
> Usually, it works just fine. But occassionally, it only places the
> first
> 2 or 3 thousand characters on the clipboard.
>
> Each card in my stack contains a bunch of news articles, that are
> combined and given html formatting. For a given card, if it has this
> problem, then it will have it every single time. But the next day, with
> a new set of news articles and a new card, it probably won't have this
> problem.

Could there be some invisible character in some of the articles that is
messing up the clipboard?
Find a card which does it and then check the length of the clipboard
data. Go back to your field and find the charToNum of the next (& maybe
the last character) character and see what it it. If you can determine
that a there is a particular invisible character causing problems, you
can just replace it before copying the field to the clipboard.

Cheers,
Sarah