Image Display Issues on Win XP

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Dec 22 12:17:51 EST 2005

Bill, Jacque, er al:

I have been able to achieve acceptable performance by changing the
Art Card design so the thumbnails are truly thumbnail imageData that
hide/show the full-resolution images and the Photo Index Card design
from buttons to thumbnail images.  I also set alwaysBuffer to false
for all images...and masked the "jerky" display by adding a visual
effect to card-to-card navigation.  All images still reside in the
[88 MB] stack file, but the only time an image is resized is when the
viewer does it via a "Zoom Bar."

One mystery arose during the redesign:  Under what conditions will
Rev change the loc of an image when its height and/or width is changed?

This code worked in the old design:

	set the height of image targetImage to x
	set the width of image targetImage to trunc(x*1.5)

with expansion/contraction from the original loc of targetImage.

Now I have to script:

	put the loc of image targetImage into imageLoc
	set the height of image targetImage to x
	set the width of image targetImage to trunc(x*1.5)
	set the loc of image targetImage to imageLoc

or the image moves to a new loc.

What could cause this...on WinXP & MacOSX?

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company