Debugging and the execution path

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Thu Dec 22 12:53:22 EST 2005

Dennis, et al.,

Thanks for the additional encouragement...can't have too much of that!

In my working prototype if have a layout like this (the Types would
be icons, btw):

var name             Type  Value
========------------------------
gTabEvent                              G          true
gTestArray                            A    113 ...
    cfirst             E    113
    csecond            E    222
gTGLoaded                              G    true
pMouseBtnNum          P    1
theTestVar            T    test data

In the above layout, you could click a column header and sort by type
of var (G=global; A=array; E=element of array; P=param; T=temp;
L=local; K=constant).

OR we could make folders like we do with props and handlers (thus
doing away with the need to sort by type and have headers):

arrays
    gTestArray         A    113 ...
       cfirst          E    113
       csecond         E    222
globals
    gTabEvent          G    true
params
    pMouseBtnNum       P    1
temps
    theTestVar         T    test data

Best case scenario would be to have a folder icon on the Var Watcher
Toolbar (extensible like other toolbars!) that would let you toggle
between tree (folder) and flat lists.

In either scenario, indented items would be capable of collapse and
expand functionality via disclosure triangles.

Whadda ya think?

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Tool makers for the 21st century