recording lag

praxMatrix Internet Services office at praxmatrix.com
Thu Dec 22 07:27:50 EST 2005

I'm very new to RR and have started looking at it to extend projects we
usually use Director + Flash + Zinc for. Initially we are trying to build an
audio recording and playback app and I have found out how to do this with RR
but am having trouble with the recording as there is always 1- 2 second lag
after clicking a button with the record sound command in it and the start of
the recording - so the user, invariably, truncates the recording as they
start speaking before the recording begins. As I'm very new to this I
suspect there is a simple solution. At the same time if anyone knows how we
can analyse the audio wave form to display I would appreciate some pointers.
Lastly, in Flash we import a lot of XML files to build lists and would like
to do this in RR - ie a list that displays the title of the phrase and which
can be used to trigger the audio play and load a text file for the track -
are there any xml tutorials. Thank you.
Anthony Hughes