Debugging and the execution path

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Dec 22 05:29:33 EST 2005

Mark Wieder wrote:

>Alex-
>
>Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 5:52:40 PM, you wrote:
>

>> - make it an expression watcher - i.e. allow the user to specify an
>>expression to evaluate & display
>>

>Click in the gray column to the left of the variable name...

That brings up a dialog which allows me to specify a "Stop condition".
Useful, but quite different from what I want.

I want to click in the gray column to the left of an empty line in the
VarWatcher, and get a dialog that says "Enter an expression"
I type in    "item tIVar of line tLVar of gData"  and then each time the
debugger displays that execution context, it evaluates and displays this
expression, just as it does the local variables.

I'd even like to do things like
sqrt(a^2 + b^2)
the cProp of button "abc"
etc.