Getting a URL form a "logged in" site

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Tue Dec 20 17:33:18 EST 2005

JB,

Thanks for your help with this.
I have crawled through these pages trying to get this login working.
I think I am close.  When I use the following script in a login
button, it does not return any errors in it.  If I change
usemyusername to something that is not my user name, then it spits
out the login page again.  So I would think that means it took my login:

ON mouseUp

     set the text of fld "Display Quotes" to URL ("http://
ldbauth.lycos.com/cgi-bin/mayaLogin?m_PR=4&m_CBURL=http://
www.quote.com/qc/default.aspx")

     put offset(quote&"Z"&quote&" value=",fld "Display Quotes")+11
into zPointer
     put char zPointer to zPointer+9 of fld "Display Quotes" into zValue

     POST ("m_PR=4&m_CBURL=http://www.quote.com/qc/
default.aspx&m_CBERRURL=http://www.quote.com/qc/
default.aspx&m_LANG=1&Z="&zValue&"&m_AL=4&m_DL_FREE=1&m_WS=&m_U=usemyuse
rname&m_P=usemypassword") to URL ("http://ldbauth.lycos.com/cgi-bin/
mayaLogin")

     put it into fld "Display Quotes" --what the post returns
END mouseUp

When I execute the following script in an UpdateQuotes button, it
should give me the data I want, but it takes me back to a login page:

ON mouseUp
     set the text of fld "Display Quotes" to URL ("http://
www.quote.com/qc/downloads/download_ascii.aspx?FG=%
7BB7002E03-75B6-42D3-891B-EED31E739C4D%
7D&option=BidAsk&fileFormat=text&delimiter=tab")
END mouseUp

This means that I now need to accept and respond with cookies,
because if I disable cookies in the browser, I can not log in there
either.  So now I will tackle the other thread responses about
cookies to see if I can figure those out --although I would not be
shy about accepting any further help from the list.  This is all
first time stuff for me.  The miracle is that Transcript and this
list is even letting me get close --with my current level of
ignorance.  I hope some others can learn a few things from this
also. :-)

Thanks,
Dennis