Getting a URL form a "logged in" site

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Dec 19 15:07:22 EST 2005

The reason you get the login page is that the site is using cookies to
maintain your "session" status.

It's technically possible to support cookies with Rev, but fairly
complicated.

I don't know of a simple tutorial that addresses cookies, and I don't know
if all methods of reading/writing cookies (i.e., JavaScript) can be
supported. Everything I can remember seeing on the list regarding cookies
requires in-depth knowledge of HTTP headers and their format, plus the
format of the particular cookie used by that particular site.

I wish there were a generic "bi-directional pass-through" facility for
handling cookies but I don't think there is.... maybe someone will correct
me on this and point the way.

Bill