List Splitting - Idea

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Tue Dec 13 16:21:46 EST 2005

Mathewson wrote:

>I believe in free speech, however 'silly' and
>'preposterous' it may seem to others: I am a big boy who
>can take all the sh*t that folk want to chuck at me

I don't post much here, but I do read everything and am trying to soak
up as much knowledge as I can. I hope that doesn't classify me as a
lurker. Whatever the case, here's my take on it all - after the last
round of the flame fest I was about to unsubscribe. I'm here to learn
how to use Rev, not read rude, immature remarks. I'm not saying there
shouldn't be a place for people to express their frustration, though
I've long tired of childish people calling each other stinky poop heads!

And I have to ask this, with reference to Richmond's remark above, does
free speech mean saying anything you want? That sounds like anarchy to
me, which in my mind is very different than freedom. Freedom has
boundaries, for the sake of others. It's fine, Richmond, that you don't
mind taking all the sh*t people throw at you. But that doesn't mean that
all of us are so inclined. Personally, my life has an overabundance of
said substance and I've enjoyed the (usually) civil, courteous and
helpful nature of this list. It bothers me when people charge in and
puke all over everyone, so I'm all for splitting off unrelated topics :)

Marty Knapp