how do I print cards of a stack without showing the print dialog? Mac OS X

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 13 14:30:21 EST 2005

kee nethery wrote:
> I have a stack that contains many cards. I print a section of each  card
> onto a single page of paper. My script goes to each card, issues  a
> print command, rinse and repeat.
>
> I'd like to not have the print dialog appear once for each card  getting
> printed. When there are a couple hundred cards, it gets  tedious hitting
> the OK button a couple hundred times.
>
> How do I tell runrev to just print one copy and to not have the OS  ask
> me for quantity etc?
>
> Do I have to open printing, issue all the print cards, and then close
> printing? By printing each card separately I can name them so that in
> the job queue I can see where the printing is (which card is printing
> next, how many are left to print).

Yes, that's it. To avoid multiple dialogs, don't close printing until
you are done with the whole job. You could put up some kind of progress
dialog in Rev while you are spooling the print job if you want to see
the progress. Or just don't lock the screen, so you see all the cards
flash by.

Since you want to print each card on a separate piece of paper, you'll
want to insert a page break in your print loop ("print break") after you
print each card.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com