Rev App Gets Cloaked by Backdrop

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Dec 13 06:31:05 EST 2005

Hi Swami,

> Scenario:
>
> 1) boot a stack that sets the backdrop to Black in it's
> preopenstack handler
> 2) the stack launches Acrobat to read some PDF.
> 3) User closes Acrobat
> 4) Your stack is there on screen "in front" of the backdrop.
> 5) click down on the rev stack
>
> Poof! it disappears! :-/?
>
> In the IDE of course, go to the Window menu, and click your stack
> and it "resurfaces" but run from a standalone player, he's gone
> behind the deep black blue for good.
>
> I've hit this before and tried to play around with "resumestack"
> but never got it to work and so was forced to abandon setting the
> backdrop to black in contexts where we are having the user switch
> apps... Looks like I'm right there again... Anyone figure out a
> work around for this? I was hoping to have a black backdrop and
> then, of course, give the user the option to get his desktop back
> from a menu item in my app...the black back drop makes for a such a
> clean, dramatic entry to "nothing but your brand..."

unfortunately "backdrop" is definitively broken*** and already
godzilla'ed a long time ago...
***or at least not working as exspected.

Until this gets fixed, just "brew" your own :-)

Use an empty and "black" stack, resize it to the screenrect and then
you really
can control it, since it will receive "resumestack" and all related
handlers...

> Sivakatirswami

Regards

Klaus Major