"use-rev" means "using Rev" (was 10,000 other threads)

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Dec 12 13:20:09 EST 2005

Judy, that's just not fair. Richard is not Runrev, so who's left to
'receive' the rant/message if it's not personal? Is this a
passive/aggressive thing?

  Richard was trying to solve a congestion problem for this list - and
I agree with him that this 'geeky' list does exactly what it is
supposed to do.  Most of us are NOT stockholders, and we can't tell
RR how to run their business. And finally threads about how to change
their core business model was getting tedious and boring, to most of
us. I barely have time to read the list as it is... I think Richard's
suggestion was totally appropriate.

sqb

>But, Richard,
>
>(and, this isn't personal, against you. or anyone else) but:
>
>This, in turn, really does mean:
>
>Piss off! We don't want to deal with you.  Please go shout into the
>canyons.  We don't want to hear from you.  We only want to hear how to
>solve _our_ specific, geeky, programming-only queries.
>
>Piss off again.
>
>If you have to ask "why" then you don't belong here.
>
>If you have to ask "why not", then you REALLY don't belong here.
>
>Posting a URL to a spit-in-the-wind forum really does mean all of the
>above.
>
>Part of 'using' (in terms of the use-list) Rev really does encompass why
>what's there isn't useful.
>
>This isn't personal...  Really.  I don't think that you've offered the URL
>in the spirit I've outlined above, but I can outline why that might be how
>it's taken.
>
>Judy
>

>On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>>  For the sake of the use-rev list and its readers, please consider moving
>>  this and related threads to the rv-biz list:

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o