Sockets

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Dec 11 11:32:55 EST 2005

I'm learning something about testing for an Internet connection from
the last couple of posts of the list digest.

I used to use the old method of testing for a connection to Google.
Now all I need to do is find out was a socket is. I know it must have
something to do with light bulbs.

Searched the dictionary for "socket" and came up with the single
"Using URLs, uploading, and downloading", 18 pages (copied to Word)
which don't  appear to contain the word "socket."

Is there a secret RR society which is privy to this sort of thing?
Can I join? Sock it to me.

Jim