All user created messages must be trapped?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Dec 8 16:56:15 EST 2005

yes you got that right, from the docs:

Unhandled messages:
If a built-in message, a setProp trigger, or a getProp call passes
through the entire message path without finding a handler, it is
ignored by the engine (the last stop in the message path).

If a message corresponding to a custom command or a custom function
call reaches the end of the message path without finding a handler, it
causes an execution error.