What Rev Needs -- Again (was "Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?")

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Dec 7 02:48:39 EST 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 4:12 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Bill Marriott wrote:
>
>>> ....I wouldn't push RunRev toward making a Konfab clone. There
>>> already is
>>> one, and alternatives with even greater reach are an integral
>>> part of the
>>> two leading OSes.
>>
>> Rev doesn't have to become a "clone" it just has to put on a
>> pretty dress
>> and go to the prom.
>
> This is a great quote.
>
> As a matter of fact, since the accusations are hurling, flames are
> flying,
> and there's generally a lot of smoke and debris around, I'd like to
> take
> this opportunity throw some fuel on a different fire.  I'll try and
> put this
> as non-ageist as I can:
>
> Rev developers are too old.

Somewhat off-topic, there was a very interesting article on the young
-- 15-25 year-olds -- and the ways they interact online, focusing on
myspace.com

Note that myspace started only a few years ago and this year has gone
from 10 million subscribers to 40 million.

Bringing it back into the general neighborhood of on-topic, the
myspace sort of collaborative environment seems like something that
could be created with Rev.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_50/b3963001.htm