Accessing protected folders on a web server

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Tue Dec 6 23:35:57 EST 2005

I update a file on my server using a script like this:

put  x & cr after URL "ftp://username:password@www.mysite.com/secretroom/somefile.txt"

I also retrieve info by getting the URL. Some of this info is of a sensitive nature (my daily body-mass-index). So I would like to protect it. I've already put in a file named "index.html" to keep casual browsing away. If I add password protection to the folder how would I be able to access files in it through Rev?

many thanks,
tm