Why isn't Rev more popular?

Jerry Saperstein runrev at civildiscovery.com
Mon Dec 5 21:30:16 EST 2005

Hershel:

	Criticism of Revolution generally apparently is generally
disapproved of here. I've seen a number of valid criticisms dismissed in the
same way as yours have been.

	But your point is valid: Revolution is not well suited for business
needs. I see a number of people who claim that have or know of business
applications built with Revolution, yet the references are never specific
and, oddly enough, none of them (save one) are commercial applications that
you could download an evaluation copy of. The one exception I know of is the
upgrade of a product called "IdeaFisher." I downloaded the eval, allegedly
built with Revolution, and it immediately crashed.

	I'd love to see a referral to a commercial business oriented product
built with Revolution that I could download as an eval. I don't mean
relatively trivial apps like ButtonGadget (or whatever it's name is) or a
plaything like "If Monks Had Macs." I mean a real live business oriented
applications.

	Personally I don't think Revolution is suitable for such
applications and no one here has actually provided unassailable evidence
that Revolution has been used for such.

Jerry