RIP Cyan

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Dec 5 21:39:35 EST 2005

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Michael Swaine's latest editorial piece in Dr. Dobb's Journal deals
> with the end of Cyan, Inc., the death of HyperCard (and there's a
> runrev sighting).
>
> http://www.ddj.com/documents/s=9914/ddj0512w/0512w.html

Maybe.  Or maybe it's just the long lead time between writing and
publishing in the magazine biz.

It's been said that right after they typed the pink slips they got
funding for a new project:

   “We still had a few irons in some fires, and one of them
    seemed to fall into place the next week,” said Miller.
    Cyan Worlds would keep its doors open after all. “Just
    about everyone came back, almost all of the key people.”

    Miller was unable to discuss any of the specifics behind
    the deal that has allowed Cyan Worlds to keep its doors
    open, but hopes to offer more public details within the
    next month or two.

<http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/11/09/randmiller/index.php>

--
  Richard Gaskin