Alias or shortcut of an object

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:39:14 EST 2005

> Is it possible to create a "clone", "Alias" or something like that of
> an object or a group of objects in Revolution?
>
> I thought it was by using the "clone" command, but the docs state
> that cloning is the same as duplicating... Basically I need to do the
> same thing as the IDE does when opening more then one script window.

Hi Ton,

They do use the clone command and make a copy of the script window.
There is no way to make an alias as such, so clone is the way to go.
If you are talking about objects rather than a complete window, you
can probably make your master copies and hide them. Then whenever you
need more, just clone the master copy, rename it, set it's properties
and then show it.

When you are finished, you can delete all the clones if required.

HTH,
Sarah