Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sun Dec 4 15:52:48 EST 2005

Depends. What HIG specification are you wanting to follow? (link please.)
I'm sure we could find portions where Rev deviates from it. There's nothing
I know of in K. that would prevent one from creating an HIG-compliant
widget.

One thing my early experiments seem to have shown me is that no way will I
be able to make anything that relies on rotating a bitmap. It's just too
slow and ugly in Rev :( I had thought I would be able to do that.

I believe my original point was that Rev would be more popular if it were
easier to create "sexy" user interfaces like the ones in K. I've spent six
to eight hours trying to get Rev to emulate the pretty little clock included
with K, something that should be pretty easy. But it's not easy, and I think
this reinforces what I said.

As for Apples-to-oranges, if you think this is the case then I don't think
we'll ever be able to compare Rev to anything else.

Bill

"Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote
in message news:43933C8F.8060009 at fourthworld.com...