English-like nature of Transcript ?

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sat Dec 3 19:56:02 EST 2005

I generally code my stacks using a fairly English-like code
. . .

I have downloaded other people's stacks and found that they
have achieved similar results to what I have achieved using
extremely un-English-like syntax.

I understand from this:

1. Some people prefer to code in English-like syntax (maybe
those with an HC background),

2. Some people prefer to code in a more "programming-code"
sort of syntax (maybe those coming from elsewhere),

3. RR is 'BIG' enough to cater for both types of people -
and that is really fantastic.

I have a hell of a time trying to understand stacks written
by coders of type 2: but then they didn't write those
stacks for my benefit - it is up to me if I want to
understand them.

As long as RR can go on catering to both types of coders it
will remain fantastic - if it starts to tend towards one
end of the spectrum it will, obviously, lose those at the
other end - and the user-base would suffer: and that would
lead to an impoverishment all round.

sincerely, Richmond
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html