magic settings for rollovers?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 24 16:53:00 EDT 2005

SimPLsol at aol.com wrote:
> Richard,
> Bummer!
>
> How about something really crazy: if mouseEnter works use that to set the
> rollover state and (the crazy part) mouseWithin to maintain the rollover state
> (on idle it reverts to the non- rollover).

I think such a brute-force method may be needed:  Trapping mouseEnter
for the control sets the icon, and trapping mouseLeave for everything
resets the icon for all controls.

Trying to work with these messages on the local object has not been
reliable, but thankfully Rev is fast enough that I can often do
brute-force workarounds with minimal impact on performance (ah, but
impact on my schedule and patience is another story...).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation