Run as Windows service

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Aug 8 21:11:41 EDT 2005

Services are usually faceless applications Derek ;)

In the windows resourcekit there is a programmed named
srvany.exe. Search it in technet.Microsoft.com, you'll
find what you're looking for.

First you compile the application (with a startup handler
to run it)...

Then you set the srvany and link your application to a
service that you create with srvany.

That's it... when the service is started, you app should be
running. It's useful to keep a text log of the operations to
keep track of it's running status too...

I've posted this previously in the list too. If you search
the archives, you should find it...

cheers
Xavier